Thinking of making a key lime pie, no we’re not talking about the dessert, we’re talking about the key lime pie cocktail recipe! This delicious cocktail is one of those cocktails you just have to make! The recipe is intended for two servings so you can share it with your friends or family! Don’t hog it all to yourself, even though we know you’ll want too! The Daily Drink presents: The Key Lime Pie Cocktail Recipe!
What You’re Going To Need
- Vanilla Vodka
- Lime Juice
- Orange or Pineapple Juice
- Coconut Milk Creamer
- Graham Crackers
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail / Martini Glass
- Small Saucer (optional)
Key Lime Pie Cocktail Recipe
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail/Martini Glass
- Small Saucer
- 1/3 Cup Vanilla Vodka
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Orange or Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk Creamer (Or whatever creamer suits your preference!)
- 3 Lime Wedges
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
Start here if your using Graham Crackers
- First, rub a lime wedge around the rims of two martini/ cocktail glasses.
- In a small saucer, break apart your graham cracker into small crumbs. Dip the rims of the glasses in the crumbs to coat them. Freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- While the glasses are in the freezer, start preparing the drink in the shaker.
Start here if your not using Graham Crackers
- Combine your vanilla vodka, lime juice, orange or pineapple juice and coconut creamer in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Cover and shake vigorously until the mixture is chilled, this should take about 30 seconds.
- Strain into the chilled martini glasses and garnish with the other two lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Recipe Notes and FAQs
Can I use vanilla liqueur and regular vodka instead of only vanilla vodka?
Yes, you can substitute the vanilla vodka and break it into two parts. One part being vanilla liqueur and the other just regular vodka. Don’t change the proportions by to much however or your drink might be too strong, unless you want to make your drink hit hard!
Do I need to use graham crackers?
No, you do not need to use/ add graham crackers to this cocktail. Without the graham crackers, it’s considered a key lime cocktail and tastes just as good. It’s all about your personal preference and what you would prefer!
History of the Key Lime Pie Cocktail
The history of this cocktail remains a pretty big mystery. There is no set place or date that the drink can be traced too. Although we know it originated in the United States. Although some say it originated in Florida where the juice of the “key limes” is found throughout the Florida keys. The key lime pie is actually the state “pie” of Florida which is why some say this is where the cocktail version was born!
Another Method Of Making This Drink:
This recipe of the key lime martini is very simple yet very tasty, enjoy!