Best milkshake recipes
Healthy doesn’t have to mean boring and unexciting. With these drink recipes we have compiled, you can enjoy a fun and nutritious meal experience anytime!
Chocolate strawberry shake
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of chilled and unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 1 ½ cups of frozen strawberries
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and mix with the almond butter, cocoa, honey and almond milk in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients for a few minutes until the mixture turns a smooth and creamy texture.
- You can add more milk if you wish to adjust the consistency. If you want large bits of the fruit in your shake, you can stop processing after a few rounds. Otherwise, if you want it completely smooth, continue processing for a few more minutes.
Pineapple and spinach shake
- ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup of frozen banana
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
- Slice the banana and spinach into small pieces before putting them in a blender. Add the yoghurt, milk, pineapple and chia. The chia seeds contribute numerous nutrients including protein, fibre and omega-3 fats.
- Blend the ingredients for a few rounds and add the honey or maple syrup. You can adjust the amount according to your taste. You can also use other types of your preferred sweetener.
- Continue blending the mixture until it turns into a smooth texture. Serve in a glass.
Almond and berry shake
- ½ cup of frozen sliced banana
- ½ cup of plain and unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon of blueberries
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- Combine the banana slices, almond milk, raspberries and cinnamon in a blender. Process for a few rounds and add the vanilla extract, cardamom and 3 tablespoons of almonds.
- Once the mixture turns smooth, pour the content into a bowl and sprinkle it with blueberries. You can also add the coconut flakes, the remaining almonds and other fruit toppings you like.
Tropical coconut shake
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons of sweetened cream of coconut
- A pinch of kosher salt
- A few lime wedges for garnish
- In a small and shallow plastic container, pour 1 cup of coconut water and freeze for 4 to 5 hours until it turns solid. You can also use an ice-cube tray as a container.
- Combine the lime juice, kosher salt, cream of coconut, ice and frozen coconut water in a blender.
- Process the ingredients for 30 seconds. Once the mixture turns into a creamy consistency, pour it into small glasses and add the lime wedges for garnish.
This drink is best served chilled and consumed immediately so that the ice does not water down the shake.